It’s a new year, and we’re very excited about the many opportunities we are seizing for and with our clients in the months ahead. What is your organization planning to focus on this year to bring your goals to life? From the strategic to the creative and everything in between, the most effective healthcare marketing, branding and advertising initiatives this year will align with the following:
- Always start with strategy. There is no room in today’s healthcare marketplace for marketers who shoot from the hip. Smart strategy is key – and long-term strategy is essential. Every decision should be data-driven and well-aligned with your company’s strategic imperatives, mission and brand promise. The right strategies will also be nimble, meaning they’re ready to evolve and scale for future growth, market trends, new entrants and disruptors, and more.
- Refresh your recruitment strategy. For many organizations, particularly consumer-centric organizations that are operating with negative margins right now, having a brand-driven recruitment strategy will be a high priority – and certainly critical to achieving strategic priorities. To attract and keep top talent, (A) consider shifting some marketing dollars for strong recruitment advertising, and (B) create a new, brand-first approach that appeals to the workforce of today. When executed masterfully, the brand-first approach will connect your recruitment initiatives to your purpose and passion, which can simultaneously elevate brand awareness and preference in market.
- Adopt a consumer mindset. Patients now approach healthcare from a consumer lens, having greater ability than ever before to compare their options and choose the best fit among you and your competitors. As a result, healthcare organizations must recognize their expectations and cater to their needs – or they will simply go elsewhere. The same applies to all organizations, not just providers. No matter who your consumer is, think like them – which means diving into data to understand what drives them, and what position you can reasonably “own” in their hearts and minds.
- Make it personal. Wherever you can, personalize your approach. Today’s marketing automation platforms paired with programmatic media buying lets you target people and populations with personalized messaging most likely to resonate. Of course, this rule applies to operations as well as marketing. Whether you’re a health plan, a provider organization or even a B2B partner organization, personalized communications support a brand experience that gets attention, piques interest and prompts action.
- Invest in a strong online presence – and personality. Boosting website and provider/professional search rankings. Adding richer media (videos, podcasts, webinars, etc.) and thought leadership to your content planning and execution. Making sure your brand stands out in all the right ways on the social and streaming platforms where your consumers live, work and play. Across these areas and more, you have opportunities to reach and even emotionally connect with people – so seize this new year to strengthen your online personality in new and exciting ways.
For healthcare marketing that encompasses these areas and many more, look for a partner that knows how to approach everything with strategy first – like we do at Dobies Health Marketing. Our ever-growing team has created healthier brands across the industry for nearly 31 years… and counting. Contact us to learn more.