Our healthcare marketing, branding and advertising firm in downtown Kansas City is seeking a talented Media Buyer. This position is responsible for multiple aspects of managing and coordinating integrated media plans for our clients and our firm.
The Media Buyer is a key member of the media team working closely with client services, creative services, and accounting to deliver highly effective media plans for our clients. This position will contribute heavily to coordinating media plan development, assisting in launching media plans, coordinating the distributions of approved media assets, providing ongoing media management, and coordinating tracking/reporting.
Success in this position requires proactive collaboration with internal teams, strengths in critical thinking, project management, written and verbal communication, and exceptional attention to detail. The right candidate will show an enthusiastically positive attitude for making sure work is error-free, on time and on budget.
This position reports to the Vice President of Media & Creative Services.
Primary areas of responsibility:
- Collaborate with the media team and partners to plan, buy, and execute media strategies via multiple traditional, non-traditional, digital and programmatic media platforms.
- Coordinate the delivery of creative assets to media partners on time, to specs provided, including the assignment of tracking tools (UTM codes, pixel placements, landing page URLs, et. al.), as needed.
- Take initiative in learning/understanding each media client’s products and services, strategic approach and positioning strategy and translating understanding into media efforts designed to achieve their goals.
- Maintain all active media plans, media authorizations, calendars, insertion orders, change orders, and tracking/reporting documentation for all media clients. Maintain an ongoing report of monthly media buying (per approved plans) versus actual through billing.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal teams (client services, creative services and media), clients, and media vendors and partners.
- Provide support to senior leadership, as needed.
Skills and Success Factors:
- Communication: Demonstrates clear, concise written and verbal skills.
- Professionalism: Maintains a polished, professional approach to working with a wide range of clients and contacts.
- Flexibility: Able to work extended hours when work volumes/tight deadlines apply.
- Organized: Manages day-to-day coordination of multiple projects exceptionally well,
- Creative: All members of our firm should be able to think conceptually, recognize strong ideas and come up with creatives solutions to everyday challenges.
- Tech savvy: Work efficiently and effectively with Microsoft (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Detail-oriented: Pays close attention to details.
- Initiative: Shows desire to take charge and seize opportunities for growth.
- Team player: Prefers and enjoys a fast-paced, energetic work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required: related field
- 4-5 years of experience in a marketing firm or advertising agency, corporate marketing environment, hospital marketing department with responsibility for media buying, planning and ongoing management.
- Results-oriented, team player, problem-solver, self-motivated to learn, grow and engage.
- Shows evidence of accuracy and attention to detail (through past work samples or similar projects).
Interested candidates please send us your resume and cover letter to email@example.com for consideration. EOE