The Marketing Manager position at Dobies Health Marketing will plan and manage integrated marketing, communications and advertising strategies to bring our clients’ brands to life. S/he participates in strategic plan development and is the main point of contact with select clients, primarily hospitals and health systems. S/he exhibits strong critical thinking, communications and effective decision-making skills, and can effectively implement multiple, actionable plans for the client. The Marketing Manager reports to the Vice President of Client Services and is responsible for managing a Marketing Coordinator assigned as part of their client services support team.
Leads and Manages Select Client Relationships
The Marketing Manager may be a primary, daily point of contact responsible for the client relationship. S/he collaborates with the firm’s strategists to advise clients on effective marketing and positioning strategies and supporting tactical plans. The Marketing Manager organizes information into executive-level presentations and reports, often for presentation to the C-suite and Board of Trustees. S/he operates in a strategy-first manner and ensures that deliverables meet and exceed client expectations and defined marketing metrics.
Supports Marketing and Positioning Strategies (maps+)
The Marketing Manager participates in the development of strategic marketing and communication plans for rural and urban hospitals and academic medical centers. S/he is responsible for the day-to-day management of the client relationship and client communications to bring integrated campaigns to local markets. Specifically, s/he will manage the dhmstudio+ line of business and its rural and critical access hospital clients, with an emphasis on growing this segment of the Dobies Health Marketing business by developing new relationships.
Manages Timely and On-Budget Execution of Marketing Projects
The Marketing Manager ensures that the client’s objectives and goals are approved and effectively incorporated into the firm’s content and creative development process. S/he is responsible for implementing client marketing plans by collaborating with internal teams to develop and assess creative concepts, implement campaigns, track campaign ROI; and measure/monitor client budgets, job profitability and defined key performance indicators. S/he also coordinates and leads the process for engaging external partners, including media buyers, print and production support, and digital technology firms.
- Bachelor’s degree required: Marketing Communications preferred
- 5 years of experience in marketing and strategy experience preferred
- Healthcare and hospital marketing experience will position candidate for success
Special Skills Required:
- Strong critical thinking, strategic marketing planning, complex problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to develop and execute effective marketing strategies and tactical plans
- Extensive knowledge of the strategic marketing planning process
- Ability to review and analyze a variety of data to develop marketing and positioning recommendations
- Well-organized, detail-oriented and capable of producing professional results within tight deadlines
- Strong people skills, and the ability to contribute strategic ideas to and communicate effectively and
professionally with clients
- Confident and highly engaged with the fundamentals of marketing, branding and advertising
- Comfortable with public speaking opportunities and leading client discussions
Ready to join our team? Please send a compelling cover letter, your resume and anything else you think will move your application at the top of the inbox to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE