Strategic Marketing Manager
Charting a new path to compete in healthcare is no easy task – yet seeing the outcome of data-driven strategies take hold in the community is very fulfilling. If you are passionate about designing and implementing healthcare marketing strategies across entities big and small, this position is for you. Dobies Health Marketing, a well-established, strategy-focused health marketing and branding firm in downtown Kansas City, is seeking a Strategic Marketing Manager to plan, manage and direct highly integrated marketing and brand strategies for hospitals and health systems (and other healthcare clients).
The Strategic Marketing Manager reports to the Vice President of Client Services and collaborates with senior strategists to ensure data-driven, strategy-first implementation of market strategies.
Leads and Manages Select Client Relationships
Serves as a hospital subject matter expert and collaborates with the firm’s strategists to advise clients on effective marketing and positioning strategies and supporting tactical plans. As the primary point of contact for clients, synthesizes and organizes information into executive-level presentations and reports, often presenting to C-suite and board leadership.
Supports Marketing and Positioning Strategies (maps+)
Develops and implements strategic marketing and communication plans for rural and urban hospitals and academic medical centers. Collects and incorporates consumer research and competitive intelligence from health data analyst and analyzes market data to guide differentiation and positioning strategies for clients.
Manages Timely and On-Budget Execution of Marketing Projects
Ensures that client objectives and goals are effectively incorporated into the firm’s content and creative development process. Implements client marketing plans on a daily basis, collaborating with internal teams to develop and assess creative concepts, implement campaigns, track campaign ROI, and measure/monitor client budgets, job profitability and defined key performance indicators.
- Bachelor’s degree required in a related field, Marketing Communications preferred
- Master’s degree preferred: MBA, MHA or similar
- Five (5) years of experience in healthcare marketing and strategy experience preferred
- Strong critical thinking, strategic planning, complex problem-solving skills
- Extensive knowledge of the strategic marketing planning process; confident and highly engaged with the fundamentals of health marketing, branding and advertising
- Able to review and analyze a variety of data to develop and execute marketing and positioning recommendations, as well as tactical plans, for hospitals and healthcare clients
- Well-organized, detail-oriented and capable of producing professional results within tight deadlines
- Willingness to work collaboratively in a team environment while taking initiative to lead client relationships
- Strong people skills; comfortable with public speaking opportunities and leading client discussions
Thoughtful cover letters with documented healthcare experience will rise to the top of the inbox. Please send to email@example.com