After a tumultuous 2020, I am eagerly looking forward to the future. COVID-19 is still destroying lives and livelihoods, but vaccines have arrived and our healthcare workers finally have hope. It’s that kind of hope that renews one’s belief in what’s possible. So, I decided to take some time to think about my New Year’s Resolutions. Not wanting to choose highly restrictive and unsustainable resolutions that will go by the wayside, I think I’ll do more of the things that have served me well during the Pandemic. I think these are particularly well suited to the company, as well. In 2021, I resolve to:
- Seek what’s possible. When you always believe in what is possible of being done, not contrary to the nature of things, good things happen.
- Start with strategy. “Strategy first” is our brand promise – it drives us to produce meaningful, authentic work for our clients. For me personally? Starting with strategy means tighter alignment between my goals and actions.
- Create new adventures. I summited Mt. Kilimanjaro two years ago, which at the time, I thought was the adventure of a lifetime. Since then, I have learned bold and sometimes risky adventures are all around us. Bold and sometimes risky is good for the company, too.
- Make healthy decisions. We come to work every day to change the way people think about health. I can say it is an absolute privilege to help a client, a friend or a loved one make a more informed decision about their health. More healthy decisions are good for everyone.
- Give back. According to research, giving back to those in need can enhance happiness, improve your health, and even extend your life. In 2020, we leveraged company resources, talent and time to improve our local communities through a Give-Join-Care approach, exceeding our Corporate Social Engagement goals in every category. I look forward to how we can help improve the health of our communities again in 2021.